Upgrade ESET Mobile Security for Android to the latest version
- Upgrade ESET Mobile Security for Android to the latest version
- You need to uninstall ESET Mobile Security for Android version 1
Upgrades to the ESET Mobile Security for Android application from Google Play or Amazon Appstore will be made available automatically through the standard update process for your respective vendor.
- Google Play—instructions to configure app updates and notifications
- Amazon Appstore—instructions to configure app updates and notifications
Both Google Play and Amazon Appstore can be configured to notify you when updates for your app are available and in some cases you can arrange for upgrades to be performed automatically. Visit the appropriate Google Play and Amazon Appstore resource above for more information about upgrading ESET Mobile Security to the latest version, or editing upgrade settings specific to your vendor.
If you have installed ESET Mobile Security for Android 2 or 3 (installed from the APK installation file), you will receive an in-product notification when a new version becomes available for download. To download and install the latest version, follow the steps below:
Open ESET Mobile Security for Android.
Tap the menu icon and tap Settings.
Tap Update to new version.
- After upgrading to a new version, ESET Mobile Security might prompt you to enable Accessibility permissions for Anti-Phishing function. To to so, click here.
- Open the All apps screen and tap ESET Mobile Security to launch ESET Mobile Security for Android. In the main ESET Mobile Security window, tap Uninstall wizard.
- Tap Remove.
If your settings are password protected, enter your password and tap Unlock to continue. If you have forgotten your password, please see the following ESET Knowledgebase article:
When prompted, tap OK to continue with the uninstallation.
When the uninstallation is complete, tap OK to finish.
- Visit the following ESET Knowledgebase article to install the latest version of ESET Mobile Security for Android: