Is ESET Cyber Security/ESET Cyber Security Pro updating correctly?
Verify that the latest detection engine updates have been received
- You receive the notification "Update information is not consistent"
By default, ESET products check every hour for a new update and are updated at least once a day with new detection engine updates and occasional program component updates.
Complete the steps in solution I and then continue to solutions II and III if the issue is not resolved.
I. Verify that the latest detection engine updates have been received
Open ESET Cyber Security or ESET Cyber Security Pro.
If you see the Modules have been updated successfully message, no update is necessary. You can also compare the latest detection engine version listed below to your own.
The current Version of detection engine is: 17588 released on June 21, 2018
- If your detection engine is not current, the ESET icon on your menu bar will change to a yellow exclamation point and the message "ESET Cyber Security/Cyber Security Pro requires your attention" will be displayed in the home screen. Click Update → Update modules.
- If the modulese update successfully, you are finished.
If you receive an error regarding inconsistent update information, following the instructions in part II below.
II. "Virus signature database could not be updated" error
- Click Username and Password setup (in version 5.x and earlier, click Update→ Update license details).
- In the Username and Password Setup window, enter your Username and Password, verify that they are entered correctly and click OK. If the issue is not resolved, continue to part III below.
The following are EXAMPLES only: Username: EAV-12345678 Password: abcde12345
III. Enable pre-release updates
View instructions to enable pre-release updates. Make sure that you follow the instructions completely and disable pre-release updates once your issue has been resolved.