Getting started with ESET Security Management Center (ESMC) - Windows
Complete each prerequisite before proceeding to step 2.
- Have the License Key included in the new purchase email you received from ESET ready. I lost my License Key.
- Verify your server and workstation operating systems are ESET compatible.
- Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software.
- Identify your system architecture type The 32-bit architecture is not supported for ESMC 7.1 Server component.
On your intended ESET Security Management Center (ESMC) Server machine:
- Verify that all required ports are open and available.
Install Java Runtime Environment with the same bitness as your Tomcat installation. We recommend 64-bit installers.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Follow the installation process outlined in the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article: Enable .NET Framework 3.5 by using the Add Roles and Features Wizard
Determine if you have a database configured for use with ESMC Server. Note that Maria DB is not supported by ESMC. Microsoft SQL Server Express is included with the installer. We also recommend Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL up to version 8.0.
Install ESET Security Management Center Server. When ESMC Server is installed, continue to Step 3 below.
Add client computers to the ESET Security Management Center. Once you have successfully added all client computers, continue to Step 4 below.
Small-to-medium businesses: Follow our deployment instructions for client operating system(s) in your network:
Enterprise Deployment: Many large networks use GPO or SCCM, see our instructions to deploy ESET Management Agent to your network using one of these methods.
Once you have successfully deployed the ESET Management Agent to all endpoints, continue to Step 5 below.
Deploy ESET endpoint products to your client computers. Once you have successfully installed ESET solutions on all client computers, continue to Step 6 below.
Congratulations! You are now ready to manage your network using ESET Security Management Center (ESMC). The following articles will assist you in the completion of post installation tasks:
- After installing ESET solutions on clients, you can create static or dynamic groups to organize your endpoints and begin enforcing policies.
- Create, assign or schedule a new server task. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Generate a report in ESET Security Management Center Web Console (7.x).
- Create or manage your notifications.
- Organize your licenses.
- Manage client computers using client tasks. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Send a Modules update task to clients using ESET Security Management Center 7.x.