How do I remove a Win32/ELEX infection?
- Your ESET product detects the threat ELEX (Win32/ELEX)
- Your web browser is modified by "yoursites123"
We recommend that you ensure that the following Microsoft Windows security patch (KB2533623) is installed on your system. Regular Windows updates will install the necessary security patch. To manually install the security patch, download and install the appropriate package for your operating system from the Microsoft knowledge base:
Run the ELEX Cleaner tool
Right-click the link below, select Save target as (or Save link as in Mozilla Firefox) from the context menu and then select your Desktop as the save destination.
Download ESET ELEX Cleaner
When the download is complete, navigate to your Desktop and double-click ESETElexCleaner.exe.
Read the terms of the End-user license agreement and click Agree if you agree to them.
- The tool will run automatically. If the cleaner finds an ELEX infection, press the Y key on your keyboard to remove it.
- After removing an infection, you must restart your computer immediately or your system can be reinfected with the malware.
- After restarting your system, repeat steps 2 and 3 above to ensure that the malware is longer on your system.