Safely upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 with ESET installed
To safely upgrade to Windows 7, follow the steps below to download the latest ESET product installer, uninstall your current ESET product, upgrade your Microsoft operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and then reinstall your ESET product.
Download the latest version of ESET Smart Security Premium, ESET Internet Security, or ESET NOD32 Antivirus before you uninstall your current version so you will not have to browse the Internet without firewall protection. Save the installer to your Desktop:
- Download and Install ESET Smart Security Premium
- Download and Install ESET Internet Security
- Download and Install ESET NOD32 Antivirus
When your installer file finishes downloading, uninstall ESET Smart Security by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → Uninstall. After you uninstall, you will need to restart your computer.
After restarting, confirm that you can see hidden files and folders by clicking Start → Control Panel → Appearance and Personalizations → Show hidden files and folders under Folder Options and select the Show hidden files and folders option.
Click Start → My Computer. Navigate to and delete the following folders:
If the above folders are not found, proceed to step 5.
- Upgrade your operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7 by following the instructions provided by Microsoft:
After you have successfully upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and have restarted your computer, navigate to your saved installer on the Desktop and double-click it to open.
- Visit the following ESET Knowledgebase article for step-by-step instructions on installing ESET Smart Security Premium:
For more information on Microsoft Windows 7, please see the following Microsoft's support page: